Spotlight Interview: Holworthy Hitz
We had a chance to interview Holworthy Hitz. A real and raw talent in the underground hip hop scene. The witty wordsmith and punchline champ make music that reflect his experiences and most (if not all) of his fans and supporters can relate to what he spits. The bars are hot and he is out here making moves, trying to brand himself and get his face and music out there. This artist is very commendable. He is definitely out to look out for the remainder of 2016. Keep your ears open!
Check out Holworthy Hitz’s “No Charge” freestyle which showcase his talents and skills as a MC.
Tell us about yourself and your music.
Holworthy Hitz: My name is Holworthy Hitz. I am an artist/engineer from Roxbury, Boston. I am the founder of a music label called Orphan Life, which stands for young individuals with a lack of guidance who had to find their own way. It’s a way of life. The last time I saw my father alive, I was 12 years old. He died in a car crash when I was 22. Growing up in my neighborhood (H-Block), we didn’t have much so determined to get money I sold drugs. If you can hustle you can stay above water. Since 11-12 years of age I have been writing my own lyrics. Seeing a hand full of friends die due to violence and me being incarcerated, I knew I had to focus. I used music as an outlet to release stress and talk about my problems and also took it a step further and enrolled in college to get my Associates in Science in Audio Production. I knew it was more than just making music. I needed to learn the business side of things. With my knowledge, I plan to be an asset wherever I go in the business.
How would you describe your sound?
Holworthy Hitz: To describe my sound, it would be more in the hardcore hip hop sound. I have lyrical sound mixed with music relevant to today.
Talk about the experience making your song/mixtape.
Holworthy Hitz: The experience making my song or mixtape is patience. I am my own critic and if it doesn’t sound right i will keep trying to come up with lyrics until sounds right. I am also a versatile artist.
What are you currently working on? Any new projects? Shows?
Holworthy Hitz: I am currently working on EP with about 5 original songs. In the meantime, I will be releasing freestyles with visuals to stay consistent. No shows at the moment. I have a mixtape called Lost Children with my brother Holiday on soundcloud under Orphan Life.
What has been your biggest highlight in your music career this far?
Holworthy Hitz: My biggest highlight was opening up for Rick Ross at the patriot place in Foxborough, Ma. It was a packed venue from the stage to the back. I never performed in front of that many people and I loved it.
Name your ideal collaboration: mainstream or independent artist(s).
Holworthy Hitz: My ideal collaboration is my favorite artists, I grew up listening to which are Styles P, Jadakiss, and Sheek Louch from The Lox. I have the best collaboration with my brother Holiday, who is an artist also.
Name something random that people do not know about you.
Holworthy Hitz: What people don’t know about me is, I have a good heart despite the hardcore hip hop and the angry faces you see in my videos (laughs). I express my emotions through my music and if you grew up where I’m from most of your emotions will be anger and sadness.
What’s one thing you have learned or discovered while being in the indie music scene/industry?
Holworthy Hitz: One big thing I learned being in this business is your music is about 30% of what you need to to reach success. The other 70% is your marketing, promotion and business.
What can we expect from you in the future?
Holworthy Hitz: What you can expect from me in the future is consistency and quality music.
Anything else you would like to share with our readers?
Holworthy Hitz: I would like to thank you guys for taking the time to interview me.